Water: A Better Body Builder Therapy #1
The best way to begin building a better body is with water.
Next to oxygen, water is the most crucial thing your body needs.
- A loss of just 2% of your hydration can begin to affect your thinking ability
- A loss of 15% - 20% of your body's water can be fatal.
- 75% of all Americans are dehydrated
- 1/3 of Americans have a thirst mechanism so weak that it is mistaken for hunger
- Dehydration is the number one trigger for daytime fatigue
Dehydration can lead to:
- heart burn
- rheumatoid arthritis
- back and neck pain
- high blood pressure
- memory loss
- THIS IS JUST TO NAME A FEW
Research suggests that sufficient amounts of water can:
- Reduce colon cancer risk by 45%
- Reduce breast cancer risk by 79%
- Reduce bladder cancer risk by 50%
So where does one start when drinking water? A simple rule of thumb is to :
- Take your body weight (Example: 150 pounds)
- Cut that number in half (Example: 75 )
- Drink that many ounces of water a day ( Example: 75 ounces of water, daily)
Drink even when you don't feel thirsty. When the human body dehydrates to a certain point, its thirst mechanism shuts off.
Just to clarify, pop, juice and coffee do not hydrate the body. They dehydrate the body and they do not count towards your water intake for the day.
Can't take just plain water? You can add:
- Fresh pressed lemon or lime juice
- Raw apple cider vinegar and real maple syrup
- Liquid Chlorophyll
- Stevia and fresh pressed lemon
- Nature's Sunshine Solstic Immune
- Nature's Sunshine Solstic Revive
- Nature's Sunshine Solstic Energy
- Nature's Sunshine Solstic Twenty-Four
If you haven't been a water drinker in the past and find this difficult, start by increasing your water intake by a glass a day and increase from there. You will find that you'll start craving it.
The kind of water you drink is important. At the very least, drink water that has been purified in some way.