- 1 15-ounce can organic garbanzo beans, drained (reserve liquid)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Tahini (or to taste)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (more or less to your taste preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (or more as needed)
Combine garbanzo beans, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, and salt in food processor; purée until smooth. If hummus is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil or reserved bean liquid.
I never follow the recipe anymore and just make it according to my mood and what tastes good. Add other spices or ingredients that you like such as dried or roasted red bell pepper, cucumber, cayenne, spinach or artichokes.
I also like to add minced onion, celery and chopped olives, spread it on tortillas, roll them, chill them and then slice them into spirals for an appetizer.