Mirror Mirror on the Wall
Sleep is crucial to well being and good looks. But how many people realize some of the symptoms associated with poor sleep or lack of it, lifestyle habits that impede a good night’s rest, and the choices you have to correct the problem?
Just a few tidbits to remember:
- A group of healthy college students were allowed to get a maximum of 4 hours of sleep per night for a full week. By the end of the week, all tested positive for hypoglycemia or diabetes.
- Alcohol will initially sedate you and then approximately four hours later will irritate the brain and disrupt sleep
- Increased risk of high blood pressure can be related to lack of sleep or restless sleep
- Irregular heart beat can be directly related to lack of sleep
- Depression can be related to sleep deprivation; one can begat the other.
- Lack of sleep ages your skin due to the increase of cortisol production which breaks down collagen, which is necessary for the integrity of our joints, elasticity and resiliency of your skin. Beauty sleep is for real.
- Lack of sleep can cause weight gain due to excess cortisol production.
- Lack of sleep can impede your body building efforts because cortisol production inhibits the body building process; additionally, your muscles require sleep to recover and build.
Ideally, an individual will enjoy 7 to 8 hours of restorative, rejuvenating sleep each night. Here’s a few ways you can facilitate it.
- The Chi Machine can help to bring balance back to the Autonomic Nervous System. When ANS is out of balance, people often experience insomnia or excessive dreaming. Be sure to drink water before you Chi, as well as afterwards and then go directly to bed. Do not pass GO.
- Because the Chi Machine gives you a total body massage, the organs of the body are also being massaged, which may help them to work more effectively. Our bodies have approximately 65 hormones, which it makes or regulates, one of which is melatonin, which aids in restful sleep. We have many testimonies of people using the Chi and resolving sleep issues such as insomnia, sleep apnea, the inability to stop processing the day and correcting poor sleep patterns.
- When pain is keeping you awake at night, the combination of the Chi and the Hot House Domes may be necessary. We have several testimonies of individuals who were in a vicious cycle of not being able to sleep due to pain and the body unable to heal, partly due to lack of sleep. Add to this the depression of not feeling well, being exhausted, your bad mood, your spouse’s bad mood because of your bad mood and you have the makings of despair. With some, the E Power, ERE and/or the AlleviAider provided pain relief, thereby helping to stimulate overall healing processes and aiding deep sleep.
- Minerals and vitamins aid our quality of sleep. Low levels of calcium can cause insomnia. A deficiency of magnesium can cause shallow sleep and nervousness, impeding proper rest. Copper and iron affect sleep patterns, as well as tryptophan, a naturally occurring amino acid found in green leafy vegetables, not just turkey. The B vitamins aid in relaxing the body as well as energizing it. And wouldn’t you know, we can provide all of this with Go Greens. Because you are ingesting whole foods with Go Greens, you are assured that the body will have all the necessary trace minerals to aid the absorption and assimilation of these nutrients. It is available from me direct at wholesale with 77 ingredients to help you in a myriad of ways.
- A good night’s sleep is often impeded by light. It all begins with something the size of a pearl: the hypothalamus. It has many functions, one being the sleep-wake cycle. Here’s what’s happening:
Light or darkness is sensed by the retina of the eye.
Message gets relayed to the hypothalamus by the nervous system
And the hypothalamus chats with the pineal gland
Depending on whether it is sensing light or dark, the pineal gland responds regardless of what the clocks says.
If the retina senses darkness, the pineal gland will be stimulated to make and release melatonin. But if light is sensed, no such stimulation takes place.
so, lights out early on the computer and television.
- If you’d just rather try something that comes in a capsule , there are lots of options with Natures Sunshine Products:
- 5HTP to help with Sleep, Mood and Weight Loss.
- Energ V can help with better sleep at night and energy during the day
- Nutri-Calm is chuck full of B Vitamins which can help with sleep and energy
- Herbal Sleep is for those who fall asleep but wake up too early
- Valerian , Kava Kava, Nerve Control, Nervous Fatigue Formula, Catnip, are calming and promote relaxation
- Lavender Essential Oil, Roman Chamomile, Neroli, Beramot, Rose Bulgaria, Sandalwood Ylang Ylang, Sweet Marjoram and Mandarin, can all be beneficial.
- If Sleep Apnea is the issue consider Hawthorn Berries to increase oxygen to the head, Sinus Support if it is sinus related, Snor Ease if snoring is the issue. Co Q 10 at bedtime can help and Germaniun Essential Oil to oxygenate the cells.
A good night’s rest should be part of everyone’s health regime for healthy tomorrows and good looking people greeting us in the mirror.